Saturday, April 28, 2007

An April Run for Olivia

Today I ran my first ever 5K Race!! It was in honor of April Roper, the girl who was killed in a house explosion from a gas leak in February. My sister Melanie lives kitty corner from her and has been doing a lot of work as a volunteer to get this race together. The money is going to April's daughter Olivia for college. They had about 1200 people sign up for it!
I took the boys in the double stroller which made it difficult to run but I was with my two cousins Shannon and Sarah and we just chatted the whole time! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do another one soon! Half marathon here I come!

Sarah, Carter, me, Shannon, and Matt (Preston in stroller)

Mom and Dad

They gave everyone flowers to stick on the fence of where their home used to be. So sad.

3 comments:

Gardner Family said...

So sad for the reason...but YAH go Heather!!! And theres nothing better than doing some fit and in shape activities before a cruise!

Miss Megan said...

Sheesh...way to go Heady! I can't believe you are already running races. I am so proud of you. You look terrific!

Marie said...

Congratulations, Heather!! That's amazing! You look great and are in such good shape!