Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Lovely Afternoon




Yesterday afternoon while the baby was napping, Carter and I went outside to play in the backyard. The weather was perfect, with a bright blue sky. We chased each other, digged in the dirt, and my favorite part of the afternoon was laying on our backs and looking at the clouds. We found a big one that we couldn't decide if it looked like a dragon breathing fire or an elephant. Carter decided on the dragon and made his loudest growling noise! Every plane was exciting as it flew past, and the dandelions were so fun to pick! (Fertilizer is coming I promise) It just made me so happy to be there enjoying the little things, especially Carter.

5 comments:

Miss Megan said...

It's been a long time since I watched the clouds...It's definitely the little things that count.

Gardner Family said...

It is the little things......I am personally a HUGE cloud fan! I have a cloud big that was given to me from my former roomies in San Diego awhile back. I still have it. Ben and I were cloud watching back Thanksgiving morning. That is how long it has been!!! Thannks for the reminder....I need to get out more!

Gardner Family said...

What did I just say? A cloud big??? I menat a cloud book!

Marie said...

How fun! And it's nice to be able to have a little alone time with just one kid (I'd imagine). I'm so glad that you were able to appreciate the little things . . . I think I need to go cloud watching!

Miss Megan said...

P.S. Carter can come over to my house and pick all the dandelions he wants!