Thursday, June 14, 2007

Orem Summerfest

It has been a while since I last blogged so these pictures are from last Friday when we went to the Orem Summerfest.Every year they have two days of carnivals, a parade, food booths, cotton candy, and lots of fun rides! Carter got to ride on a few by himself this ride above complete with duct tape and all! Gotta love those carnival rides! He also went down a huge slide with me which he loved. He got to "fish" for a prize, which means he got to put a magnetic pole into the grossest water ever and pick out a metal puck and receive a 2 cent stuffed tiger which I paid a dollar for. We also did one where there were ducks that you just pick up and that determines your prize. He of course got another 2 cent stuffed duck but he thought it belonged in the gross water along with the other ducks, so it got soaked. Nasty. Megan, Mike, and Peter came along with us and we ate some good Hawaiian barbeque chicken. At the end of the night we bought some cotton candy for Carter to make the experience official, but he would not touch it. It totally freaked him out. Whatever! Carnivals are so trashy, and have the weirdest people walking around, yet you can't help but love them! One more rant for the day--Why do people love parades so much? While walking to the carnival the streets were lined with people's blankets saving their spot for the parade the next morning. First of all, so irritating that they are "saving" their spot with blankets, and secondly, who cares about a dumb parade? You will have like 5 marching bands playing the star wars theme, a dance group or cheerleading team do a little routine, and the fire department. Pretty lame in my opinion. What are your thoughts on parades?
He loved the carousel-he kept talking about the white horse the rest of the night!
Enjoying our Hawaiian chicken


2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Ahh carnivals. Greasy food, greasy rides and greasy people. Thanks for letting us tag along!

So...as for parades. The kiddies love them, that's about all I can decipher as to why people make such a big fuss. Besides, we live in Utah and there isn't much else to do here so you may as well go to the parade. P.S. I was in the Orem summerfest parade one year dressed as a doll (my girlfriends mom owned a doll shop). Nice, huh?

Gardner Family said...

Oh I'm so jealous. It looks like you had the funnest time! I can't wait to get there!!!! And you had hawaiian chicken huh? Well did you think of me?? We'll make you all some yummy hawaiian food when we get there!!
As for parades - I guess I'm a lame duck - I have always loved my parade from back in San Diego. But the main reason was that I loved looking for my high school and my Mom's alma mater. And my Mom was in marching band back in the day and my Grandma was the band mom, so listening to them talk about parades and so forth was a hoot and still is! And the Mother Goose parade(as it was called) would always be right in front of my grandma's house so she would save us our "spots" on the sidewalk. Okay and side note - speaking of fairs - my claim to fame is getting my pic in the san diego newspaper when I was 5. I fell asleep at the fair with cotton candy in hand and prize from game in the other. I love fairs!