
The prophet of our church, President Gordon B. Hinckley at 97, passed away last night at around 7pm. I have been very emotional all day seeing news clips of his life and his work while here on earth. He was an amazing man. I loved this picture of him because I thought it captured who he truly was. I think I loved him so much because he seemed so down to earth and real. I loved his humor and little one liners during his conference talks and in interviews with the media.

I think the thing that I loved most about him was the way he loved his wife. I am sure it was a sweet reunion with her since they have been apart almost three years. He also had such great respect for women and was always praising us for all the things that we do. I appreciated that! I am so grateful that he was the prophet for 13 years and for all of his wonderful service around the world. It's amazing how much one person can make a difference in so many others lives. He will be greatly missed.
5 comments:
LOVE that guy!
I love the photos you posted!
Amen to what you've said~
He's the best. I know everyone is doing posts on him right now but I want it documented on how I feel. He is an amazing person. I would be in tears if I had to give one of his talks!!! Good luck with that.
Well said. And thanks for sharing that. I came to see what you're up to, and of course you share something so important. I miss you!
It's pretty special what he had with his wife. I just kept thinking he is now reunited with his wife. That is something I think about a lot since my grandpa passed away and my grandma is still here. Thanks for your post work out queen. ;)
PS I saw an ad for the NIKE pegasus shoe.
Post a Comment