Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sleepy Head

I just had to post some good news for the morning. Well let me give you some background first...Carter is and always has been an early riser. It doesn't matter what time you put him to bed, his internal clock in his brain always says to get up between 6:30-7:30 (7:30 is a RARE occasion). The last couple of days his schedule has been a little thrown off because he stayed up until almost 11 on Monday night waiting for us to get back from James' work party, and then woke up at 6:30 the next morning. His nap for the day was later then usual, etc. etc. So I knew that he was really tired so I put him to bed at 7:30 last night. Here comes the good news...He slept in until 10:10 this morning!!!! This has never happened in the history of his existence! I seriously went to check on him about 3 times just to make sure he was still breathing. Needless to say, I got to watch all the shows that I had DVR'd from the night before, got a little one on one time with Preston, and had a happy boy that was hungry and ready to go potty when he finally woke up. It is a good start to the day...

11 comments:

Ann Marie said...

That is good news!!

Yeah to kids sleeping in!!

Nicole said...

My kids have the same internal clock, except their's is set to 5:30-6:30. It does not matter if they go to bed at 5:00 or 11:00, they get up at the same time. Everyone always makes fun of us because our kids go to bed so early (until last year their bed time was 6:00, now it is 7:00) but if they are going to get up at the same time regardless, might as well put them to bed early.

Ashleigh said...

There are seriously mornings that I wake up when Ansen leaves to work and I literally pray that Olivia will sleep in. She doesn't get up until 7:30, but I'm usually up until 1:00. Addison will sleep until 10 everyday if it was quiet. 6:30 would honestly KILL me. I'm so glad you got a break!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for you guys!!!!

Aubrey said...

There was one time that Hailey slept for 17 hours straight! I kept going in to make sure she was still breathing!! It was the weekend of her 1st birthday and I'm convinced that all the excitement of her learning to walk, the party, the FINALLY getting some sugar and the family being here just exhausted her...I couldn't believe it though! Hailey used to have a similar internal clock...its not so precise anymore though...thank goodness!

Gardner Family said...

I share your excitement! Ben's schedule has been way off lately. I was sent an e-mail from babycenter.com about toddlers and helping them sleep better at night......Ben was waking up at 2 and 4 and getting in bed with us. I'll talk to you in person about this one since it's pretty long but basically I decided it was an e-mail sent from God! I did everything the e-mail said, and Ben slept the whole night through in his own bed until 9:30 the next morning!!! NICE! Yah for you and Preston time...and the glorious DVR!

Natalie Que said...

That's awesome. My kids will occasionally have a super long like 6 hour nap or sleep until noon which is crazy. I love it, but I don't feel like I even get to enjoy it because I am so worried! I am just sure they have managed to strangle themselves or have choked to death! I guess I really can't complain though!

Amy said...

I feel your pain heather! My kids are the same way! I dont think they have ever in their lives(all 5 of them) slept in past 8. I guess that is good for my older ones becuase I dont have to drag them out of bed for school. That is awesome that Carter slept in! Hopefully this becomes a regular thing! I am planning on coming to rachels shower tomorrow so I will see yout then!

Kristen said...

I LOVE your new background and colors!!! How do you do that? Maybe you can help out the rookie. Fun post too. Happy Valentine's Day!

adamsfamilynews said...

Hey this is Amy Adams(Mendenhall) I run into Ashleigh's blog and click on yours. I run into your mom at the temple last night and she said you were doing good. My blog is www.jeremiahandamyadams.blogspot.com

Jolley's said...

oh man does that sound dreamy! Why is that kids seem to wake up no matter what time they go to bed...sometimes I'm tempted around 4:00 to put them to bed with that theory in mind...:) Sounds like a great way to start the day