Thursday, March 20, 2008

London Calling

Okay, okay I know that I have totally been a complete slacker when it comes to blogging but I just didn't feel like it. Anyway, there has been a lot going on at our house. The Brits (James' parents) are back in town! My boys are in absolute heaven. They can't believe how much Carter and Preston have grown and Carter has been so excited to show him all of his toys and such. Today they took them to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point and had a hard time getting Carter to leave the sand and water area. Grandma had to resort to using her "stern voice" to get him to come out, which she didn't want to do. They had a great time, and I am loving having some free time to shop, clean, or whatever else I need to do. Last night we dyed Easter eggs. It was a hit! Carter put about every sticker he could fit on his egg and has been playing with them all morning. Grandparents are the best!

Hard at work
Carter and Preston admiring their eggs
The final product with lots of stickers!!

9 comments:

Natalie Que said...

So that's what you've been up to! I have been wondering what the heck you were doing!

Awesome eggs, it just doesn't translate as well here since all of the eggs are brown!

Ann Marie said...

Glad your back! I was wondering what had happened to ya!
Yea for the Grandparents being here! that must mean that the cruise is soon! :) Lucky You!

Adhis said...

I was out in the yard yesterday, saw that your in-laws were in town (in country) and immediately thought about how that would affect your blogging. Isn't that a sad mental connection on my part?

Kate said...

That is so cute! I am so glad that James parents made it safe and I am so glad they are having a good time. Have they gotten a kick out of 2 and a half?

Adhis said...

2 and a half????

Heather... YOU HAVE SOME SPLAININ' TO DO!

Englishfam said...

Oh Adhis, it's not what you think! Carter when he was 2 1/2 years old would say 2 and a half, the half being in an English accent. NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!! :) You are funny.

Gardner Family said...

Since being here in San Diego Ben has been somewhat of a rebel. My Mom has had to use her "mena Grandma voice" a few times. ;)

How fun that they get to have fun with the boys and you get a break! Break...what is that? ;)

Have fun on your cruise!!!

Kristen said...

Please tell them hi from us! I'm not sure if they'd remember us. Ben teased them about Manchester United and his dad living in Mumford, and we enjoyed their crackers a few times. I can't think of the name - digestives? Anyway we think they're great and hope you'll tell them hi from us! You'll have to email me about this trip everyone's mentioning. =o)

Marie said...

How wonderful for everyone! Every mother deserves a break, and every kid deserves spending time with grandparents. And I'm sure James enjoys any chance he gets to see his folks. I'm so happy for you all!