Thursday, May 01, 2008

Kate is here!

My BFF Kate lives in Denver and I get to see her usually once a year, tops. This year thanks to her husband's brother deciding to do a destination wedding at Sundance, they made the journey to Utah. I also went to see her in January for her birthday, so we are doing great, 2 times this year and it's only May 1st! She really is the greatest! Chris (her husband) was awesome and knew that our time would be limited together so decided to leave earlier than they had planned so that we could hang out longer. They got here about lunchtime yesterday and we have just been chatting ever since. We did make one outing to Thanksgiving Point for ice cream but that's it! James made his famous barbeque for us which was fantastic for dinner. The kids played great and Carter was in heaven chasing Aspen (Chris' little girl) around all evening. I had such a blast and my face hurts from laughing so much till late last night. The best part is, Kate and I are such good friends, but our husbands get along great as well. That's a rare find. Thanks Coates family for making my year by coming to see me! I loved every second of it.

me and Kate (terrible picture I just got out of the shower- also notice I am wearing a sweatshirt today because it is SNOWING! May 1st- come on, get over winter already!!)
Carter and Aspen goofing off
Chris, Kate, Aspen, me, and James
(we probably shouldn't have taken it in front of that window but oh well)

5 comments:

Miss Megan said...

So I'm really happy for you that Kate is in town, but come on already! When are we going to hang out?! Do you realize the last time we sat down together for more than 5 minutes was the first week that Richard and Ann were in town!? Yeah. It's been that long. Do I need to book you like a month in advance or what? When do you think you will have a window of opportunity, because our vacation will be here in exactly two weeks, and then I really won't see you and Jim for quite some time. I want James' bbq!!! We miss you! Whaaaa!

Kate said...

Oh how fun! At first I was thinking this post was dedicated to me...but I guess I will let it slide this time!

Jenn said...

BFF's are the best. But what is the deal with all the distants ending up between two great friends. My BFF lives in CA and I've only been able to see her 2 times in three years. I guess absents makes the heart grow fonder.

Mel said...

I love Kate!! I want to see her!

Kikibug said...

How fun! BTW, it was SO MUCH fun to get together last week. You are so hilarious! That was great! We need to do it again sometime soon.