Thursday, July 17, 2008

8 years

As I was writing a check out to my friend Callie for dinner last night (she just paid for all of us) I was trying to figure out what the date was. July 17th. Hmmm...why does that date sound familiar? I then realized that it has been 8 years ago today that James and I "officially" started dating. Crazy! 8 years ago we were at Camp Echo at "Monday movie night" watching "Cool Runnings" and chatting the night away. He had me at his first little British hello. Awww, memories. This picture has nothing to do with anything, just us kissing a stingray in Grand Cayman and a side shot of our guide Vernon. I figured we needed a picture for the post. Enjoy.

12 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Awwww that is so sweet you remember the exact date. I am horrible - I only know it was Presidents weekend...or was it Memorial weekend that we met?? Dan is the one with the memory. :) I plead the 5th when it comes to remembering important dates. :)

Jennica said...

Okay, I am glad you figured out that it was a special day...and I am also glad you told us what that is in the water...I had no idea and it was freakin' me out a little! =) Time flies when you are having fun!!!

Katy said...

What a fun little post. You and James are great together. How fun to get a little nostalgic on your "anniversary" of sorts. :-)

(I'm jealous about the dinner with Callie. Whatever that was about, it sure sounds like fun! I miss you guys!)

Mel said...

Wow what a good memory! 8 years is awesome!

Ann Marie said...

I agree with Jennica. I was like " what the crap is that?" funny picture.
I think James is the perfect match to you. He is awesome!
So glad you both went out to that camp!

Kristen said...

What a COOL picture. I totally knew what it was, and way to go for kissing it!

I love the "meeting" stories. You beat us by a couple months!

Gardner Family said...

Columbus Weekend!! That was the weekend we met. Exact day? Oct 13th! And Dan also reminded me that we first said we love each other on Dec 17th. I don't know what I would do without his memory. :)

PS I want to swim with sting rays and be cool like you!

Brooke said...

I like the picture, you look so cute with your eyes closed!! So, do you know what is special about July 28? I know you have been waiting all summer for it....Itty Bitty Ball! It's finally here. Teagen talks about it every day. So do you want to ride together, or does that make life too difficult with carseats and all?

Miss Megan said...

Eight years?! Seriously?! Where has the time gone?

Amy said...

Haha!! Heather your face is hilarious! Looks like you enjoyed that mack session!! Love it!!

Natalie Que said...

Awesome pic. Congrats on 8 years, I can't believe it has been that long!

Thanks for all of your support Heather, it means so much to have a friend who believes in you! Your comments were so sweet! I love that you are commenting on HG so much, it makes it so much more fun! I don't think there is any voting, but you can rate the video. Not sure they need any voting since there are only 2 videos up! Hopefully more people join it, it would suck to win a contest because only 2 people entered! Ha!

Shana said...

HOW CUTE!!! I LOVE THAT PICTURE! :)