We have been home from Orlando for about 2 weeks and I am finally getting around to posting the pictures. There are so many that are so cute we will break it up into a few different posts. We spent 10 days there and had so much fun! We hadn't ever been to Disneyworld before so it was so much fun for all of us to experience the fun. We bought a 7 day hopper pass and used it up. We could have gone back and seen plenty more too. There were 4 huge parks there for those of you who aren't experts on Disneyworld like I wasn't!-Magic Kingdom (like Disneyland), Animal Kingdom (Disney's version of a zoo with rides and characters), Hollywood Studios (like Universal), and Epcot. Here are some pictures of us at Magic Kingdom. We went the day after the superbowl and it was pouring rain. We only stayed for a few hours but managed to spot Santonio Holmes (the MVP of the superbowl) in the parade with Mickey and saw Steelers jerseys everywhere! We basically rode the carousel, ate lunch and after that we called it a day! The next time we went back it was still cold, but sunny. In fact the first 5 days we were there it was 50 degrees or less. Not normal for Orlando! The last five days were perfect so I can't complain too much, atleast there was no snow right?

Us in front of the Magic Kingdom castle

James and Preston

walking up the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse-I loved this movie growing up so it was fun to see it replicated. We loved having this backpack for Preston. He was up high enough to see everything and he couldn't run off anywhere. It also had a backpack behind him that we could pack our lunches, water, and snacks in. James definitely got his workout in during the trip!

Carter and Rafiki
We didn't get too many pictures with the characters because we didn't want to wait in the lines. So, the characters we did get aren't the most popular obviously because the lines were short!

James and Carter on the Dumbo ride (on the yellow dumbo waving).
Carter had a hard time at first with having to wait in the line (he isn't the most patient child), but quickly learned that if he wanted to have fun, he needed to wait. Magic Kingdom was definitely my favorite, because it seemed the most "disney" to me.
Next up...Animal Kingdom, stay tuned!
7 comments:
SO fun! I want to go to Florida. I have never been there, shockingly:) I bet the kids had a blast:)
I was thinking today, when is Heather going to post pictures of her trip! I am excited to see them all! I want to go there someday!
I have never been to Florida either, and I'm sure if we go we'll do a 7 day hopper also..
I Love Disneyland!! Seeing the pictures of Disneyworld makes me soo jealous!! I am just a kid when it comes to it all. I have just as much fun as the kids do..
I look forward to all of your posts! Yay!
Waaah! I wanna go! When I first saw the pictures I was like, what is up the the jackets?! Crazy freakin' weather. I am totally jealous, and it looks like a lot of fun! I wish they still had a Swiss Fam Treehouse at Disneyland (it's Tarzan's now). Lets get together and watch that movie sometime soon. "Fritz...will you teach me how to shoot this big gun?" LOL. Yeah, I kill myself.
Heather, I'm so glad that you guys had a great trip even if the weather wasn't perfect. We leave tomorrow, and the weather is supposed to be cool and cloudy, but I figure that will keep at least some of the crowds away. Shorter lines! :D
Oooh! How exciting! I'm so happy for your family.
I noticed the HUGE backpack right away, I was tired just from seeing it! I can see how convenient it would be though, way to go James.
Memories are the best part of trips! You'll never forget it.
That sounds like such a fun trip. I love Disneyland. I have never been to Disney World. But, I am sure that it would be absolutely wonderful. Such cute pictures too. :)
Post a Comment