L to R Katie, Kate, Lisa, Savannah, me, Fei, Melanie, and Kodi
Corrin and Katie
Our wonderful hostess and birthday girl Corrin
The next day we went into the city and got a bus tour. It was really great to get to see everything and we could get on and off when we wanted. My only thing I REALLY wanted to see was the Rocky statue and stairs. Rocky is a classic in my family and who doesn't love a good underdog story? I heart Rocky Balboa!!
Savannah and Katie

Katie taking a hit from Kate
I made it!! I love the Philly skyline in the back too. It was a cool city.
Then it started raining...I was glad to be on a bus! This is a bad picture of Betsy Ross' house.
Katie taking a hit from Kate
He owned pretty much everything in Philadelphia. It was interesting to hear all the history. For instance, did you know that the first post office was in Philadelphia and it is the only one that doesn't have a flag raised outside of it? They didn't have a flag then, so they just kept it the same ever since. If you want some more trivia, just ask. I know you want to know what the first ice cream flavor was...
The next night we went to a Sushi/Karoake bar called Yakitori Boy. It was such a blast. I am a total karoake girl and am not afraid to belt it out to whomever will listen! We had VIP seats (thanks again to Corrin's connections) and a yummy dinner with great entertainment.
L to R Kori, Kate, Kodi, Katie, and Lisa
Another birthday cake for Corrin
As you can see I got into the karoake, eyes closed and all! haha Actually the highlight of the night was when I did a solo of "Shoop" by Salt n Pepa. I know every word to that song (shameful I know) and so when the screen wasn't bringing up the words correctly, I just carried on without hesitation. I had several people come up to me after (one being a gay black man) telling me how impressed they were that a white girl could bust it out like that. What can I say? I have a little gangsta in me I guess. :) haha Good times.
That night I stayed up until about 2 and had to leave for the airport at about 4 am. Needless to say I slept the ENTIRE way back home. I have never done that before but it was much needed. I am still trying to catch up on life since being home, but I had so much fun it was worth it!
6 comments:
K I am laughing about the Shoop song!! So hilarious. Kate looks great, it looks like you had a ton of fun!!!
I have a postcard that I sent to myself from that first post office! =o)
I loved Philly - visited once in high school. I saw the Rocky steps at the time but hadn't watched the movies until I got back. I would appreciate it SO much more now. =o)
Sounds like a fun Ladies' trip.
You are my type of girl. I love reading your blog. You are so fun!
So much fun! Fearless, that is what I love about you!
I know all of the words to Shoop also. How funny!
I love that you all met up and had a girls trip! What fun!!
You are a Kaeroke queen! Tonight our enrichment is having a talent show. The RS pres and I will be singing dancing queen, mamma mia style! Work it work it.....
Also, Dan was totally jealous that you got to see the Rocky statue. He was in Phili right before he deployed with guys form his unit. Dan was the only one in the group who wanted to see it so they didn't go. You lucky thing.
Post a Comment