Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolutions

I figure I better get these on here since it is already the 3rd! Here goes:

1. Get all of my digital pictures developed and in photo albums. I have been putting it off thinking I would "scrapbook" them, but have realized that it is NEVER going to happen. I just want to see them instead of having them sitting in a box or a file on my computer. Also I want to print out my blog into a book.

2. Go out to eat less. This is a hard one for me, especially being pregnant! I want to limit it to once a week.

3. Learn 10 new recipes that I can incorporate into my lineup. I am in a rut!

4. Less computer time. How many times do I really need to check facebook in a day??

5. Paint the nursery for the new baby and also paint my bedroom. (That one I didn't do last year!)

6. Sort through and sell all the boys clothes, baby bedding, old toys, etc. DE-JUNK!!!

Looking at my resolutions from last year I did most of them including getting my closets organized, running St. George half marathon, and drinking more water. Hopefully all of the ones on my list this year will get accomplished! Happy 2010 everyone!

6 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Happy 2010 English Family! I totally agree to #1 and eating out. I was going to add those to my resolutions but HELLO more than 11 resolutions? Now that is just setting myself up for failure! :) So, I will stick with my 11 as a final. And secretly work on eating out less.

I can help you with your recipe rut. If you have a crockpot, I have some wicked good ideas for you.... thanks to the Pilsbury cookbook from the grocery store and Sandra Lee. Today was chicken tortilla soup. 15 min prep time. Leave it cooking while at church...and come home to the house smelling yummmyyy!

Good luck on your resolutions! Have fun preparing for your sweet Baby Girl to be!

PS I'll call you about getting together. And U did NOT have to get us a present!

Kristen said...

You and I are definitely on the same page.

All except painting the nursery. =o)

Good luck! Love ya!

Kristen said...

PS - If you get those recipes from Gardner Family, will you share them with me? =o)

Adhis said...

I asked for a bigger crockpot this year and got one from my sister. Dave thinks I wanted one so I could learn new, easy recipes, but I actually got it so HE could learn easy recipes he can do while I'm biggo pregnant and recouping from giving birth.

Last Saturday, Dave took 10 minutes to put some limes, garlic and butter inside a 3-lb fryer hen and set it in the crock with a cup of water and some sliced up mushrooms. Sunday morning he turned on the crockpot and ::TAH DAH:: 4 hours later, we were eating falling-off-the bone chicken with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches and pizza toppings later in the week!

Miss Megan said...

I like all of your resolutions Heather. A lot of them could definitely apply to me. I have got to do something with my pictures. Not only am I running out of space on my computer, but I keep worrying that it might crash and I will lose them all. Eeek! Let's get going on these, shall we?

Shana said...

You are awesome Heather!!
Great resolutions!! One of mine is to print my blog to a book too and I am currently doing it!! YEAH! I love it! I can't wait to get it done. I am doing it one year at a time though. :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! You are such a sweetie!
Great goals and very accomplishable! :)