I have been doing laundry and cleaning up for the last few hours and these are some of the thoughts bouncing around in my head:
The first is a question to all of you out there-Do you think that someone can become a great writer or are you just born with a natural ability to write? I have not been given the gift of great writing, and just wondered if anyone thinks it is possible to take classes or learn how to get better at it. For example, I think that spelling is a gift. You either have it or you don't. I am a pretty good speller (for the most part) and I didn't study dictionaries. Is that how you good writers feel about writing? It just comes to you? The interesting thing to me is that I can't tell just by talking to someone if they are a good writer or not. Some people that I would never think, can express themselves so well on paper. Okay, the end.
#2 Being a mom is hard work! I wish I had the secret formula for what makes my kids happy and content. It seems to change every day. One day they will be so easy and fun and the next we are doing the same thing and they just can't stop fighting, yelling, whining, etc. I am just glad we get tomorrow to start fresh and try again.
#3 I am not thrilled with my laundry detergent. I don't feel like it cleans my clothes very well, especially my whites. How do you get your whites whiter? I feel like bleach turns my whites grey. Hmmm...
#4 I love the Olympics. They inspire me to be better. I was watching the women's cross country skiing today and was amazed how tough those women are. Cross country skiing is HARD!! They were flying! I just love how if we push ourselves, our bodies are able to do amazing things. Also, Johnny Weir bugs. Nice pink lace up in the back of your costume,weirdo. He is just a little over the top for me!
#5 I have an awesome husband. I know you are all sick of me saying it, but really he is awesome. Today he called to see how I was doing and I broke down in tears. He knows me and knows that when I cry, it must be serious. I know I am pregnant but I am not an overly hormonal person. For the most part, I am pretty even keeled (atleast I think I am-you may want to ask James). He came home from work shortly after the call to deal with the boys without me asking him to. He also went and picked up my phone today which was dropped off at a t-mobile store by a kind stranger that almost ran over it this morning. I know he probably wants to throttle me for leaving my phone/keys/wallet everywhere, but he keeps his comments to himself. After that, he picked up dinner for me and the kids. Love him.
#6 Preston pooped on the bathroom floor tonight. He waited too long while playing in the bath, and couldn't make it the 2 steps to the toilet from the bath. Atleast it wasn't IN the bath right? He also thinks his real name is Prestopea not Preston. He corrects me if I call him Preston.
#7 We bought some pink paint for Claire's nursery and it is SUPER pink. Like bubble gum, pepto bismal pink. I didn't want it to be too light but think I may have gone overboard. Hopefully it will be okay when we get the white beadboard up. Anyone know where to get the best deal on beadboard??
That's it. My thoughts for the evening. Goodnight.
6 comments:
What a random post. I loved it!
I do think someone can become a great writer. Some are born with more natural talent towards writing, but I certainly think a person who "becomes" a great writer can at times surpass the "natural" one.
The Lord has said that he can make weak things strong. Often times, He will require us to pick up a dumbbell repeatedly over time instead of Him turning us into Arnold Schwarzenegger overnight. You just gotta be willing to do what is required for as long as it is required.
you are just like me. i have the most RANDOM thoughts while I'm folding laundry? What is it with that chore? :) I loved this post though because it's so "mom" like.
Oh and an idea that I've used for "bead-board" in my kids room is to instead of buying the actual bead-board--just buy some thin pieces of wood--cut them into strips however high you want them to be--nail them straight on the wall (evenly spacing them out so you give the appearance of bead-board)--top with some chair rail (I like big chunky chair rail) and then paint it all white (or whatever color you were going to do the bead board) it looks amazing and it seriously costs way less than actual bead board, plus it's MUCH easier to hang because you don't have to fight with outlets.
I'm sure you wanted a tutorial. :) sorry, I'm lame.
Can't wait to see the pink!
Michelle
HAHAHAHAHA...That's all I can say:)
Haha, you are way tooo cute!! :)
I loved this post!!
I do think that anyone can become a great writer. However, I also feel that a lot of people are just born with it as well. :)
You are so cute Heather!
I loved this post and how sweet of James!! Those good men are sure keepers!!
And yes, the kids seem to sometimes be happy and sometimes be whiners. I contribute it to how much sleep they get. haha
Whites...
*You can't use bleach on cotton-poly and have it go white - it goes gray. Straight cotton should go white with bleach.
*My children's cotton baby diapers were always white white, but I had to go through several things to get them that way. I soaked overnight in Biz, then ran through the cycle. Next day was wash again with Tide and add bleach. After, put through a rinse cycle, to help get all those chemicals out better. Good luck with your whites.
Do you know what is in my brain when I am pregnant?
Yumm cheese fries...nom nom nom nom
Yumm barbeque....nom nom nom nom
Yumm doghnut.....nom nom nom
Did someone say egg roll? ;) Yummm egg roll...nom nom nom nom
So basically, I am Homer Simpson when I am pregnant! Which in fact is not not much different than much now! HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Okay I crack myself up. :O)
Post a Comment