Carter started kindergarten today! We have both been looking forward to this for a long time! Since the bus stop is right in front of my house, since Carter was about 2 he would wave to the bus every day and want to ride it with the other kids. Today was finally the day! Doesn't he look so old? He was dressed and ready by about 9 o' clock and he doesn't go until 12:30. He was so excited.
Look at his little worried face. He told me when he got home he was nervous when he was getting on the bus but as soon as he sat down he was fine. So brave. I did have a moment of emotion when he got all dressed and ready. He looked so big and I can't believe my little boy is going to school. It only lasted a minute and then I was just excited for him and all of his new adventures. He loved his first day and has already made some new friends, hopefully it continues.
7 comments:
Little Adhis watches that bus stop from her bedroom window. I can tell she already wants to be out there.
Sometimes, I prop Maya next to Adhis so they can watch the school kids together. The first time I did this, I felt an ache in my heart. I knew I would miss Adhis when she finally gets to go on the bus, and Maya would be sad waiting for her sister to return.
Almost forgot.
The Snuggie is just wrong.
That is all.
Rise and shout, James. We love the throw. We also love the pictures of Carter's first day. What a special time.
Ohh...he looks so excited to go to school! He has the cutest smile.
And yes, that Snuggie is hilarious!
So grown up! I bet at your kids' ages, it is torture for Preston to be left behind. Soon he'll find out that he gets more mommy time though. So fun!
Um, the snuggie? So cool.
I don't look forward to the day Ayla goes to school. I am going to ball!
Carter looks so cute! He looks so excited! I am glad he had a good day at school!
Congrats Carter! You are such a big boy!
Ben started preschool a few weeks ago. Zachary had serious separation anxiety. And as soon as I got to the car, I was in tears.
It's nice to have the time to just Zach and I. Or just have me time when Zach has nap time. But it seems surreal that Ben is already picking out a back pack and bringing home refrigerator art.
How is Presto and sweet Claire?
Post a Comment