Tuesday, February 22, 2011

6 Years Old

Where has the time gone? Carter is 6 years old today! Last night for family night, we spotlighted Carter and went through all of our pictures of him growing up. We talked about different memories we had and it is amazing looking back, how most of it seems like yesterday. When I think about giving birth to him, all I remember is trying to push out this head for 2.5 hours. Ouch.
We lovingly call it "Carter Melon". Whenever I joke to people about his big head they always tell me (trying to be nice) that it is just more room for his brain. He sure is a little smartie, so it must be true. We love his big head and he has grown into it more now that he is older.
I saw this picture and it just made me smile. Another boy addicted to cowboy boots. He wore them all that summer and was so sad when he grew out of them. This picture also has his dog woof that he still sleeps with every night. My favorite part about this picture though is all the books scattered in the background. He has always loved books and reading. Now he is reading the books to himself and Preston!

Some of my favorite things about Carter are:
*How much he loves his baby sister and will always make her smile and keep her happy.
*His love for school and learning-he is getting to be such a great reader!
*He is obsessed with his stuffed animals-I will have to do a post on the 50 stuffed animals my kids have and all of their names.
*He still sleeps with his 2 blue blankets that he has had since birth and woof his stuffed dog.
*His ability to make friends easily. We are having a Star Wars birthday party on Friday for him and he has invited 15 of his friends. Yes, I know I'm crazy, but it is his first real "friends party" so we thought we'd go all out!
*How sweet and sensitive he is.
*He is still my cuddly boy. He was cuddly as a baby and still loves to cuddle with me. I love it!
* He is a great sleeper! He goes to bed when I tell him to, and when he is asleep there is no waking him up (just like his dad)!
*How he is such a great big brother to Preston. They are best friends and I am glad that Preston can look to Carter as an example.
*His laugh when I tickle him
*How he is obsessed with getting transformers, but after he has figured out to transform it once, he never plays with it again. The thrill is gone, I guess!
*What a great eater he is! He will try anything and never complains about dinner. When you have a picky eater like Preston, it is nice to have atleast one child who is easy going about what we eat.
*He is becoming self sufficient. He can wake up in the morning and get his own breakfast and keep himself entertained until I get up. He even gets Preston breakfast some days too. This is worth it's weight in gold!
*He is my first born. I just love him so much, words can't express. He has the tough job of being the oldest and being our little experiment, but he handles it well. He is such a sweetheart and I am so happy that he is part of our family. Happy Birthday Carter! We love you!!

5 comments:

Adhis said...

He is adorable. I love his smile in the last photo.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Carter! Wow, that flew by on my end.

Jonathan had to grow into his head too. =o) And what cute heads they are. Congrats, Mom, for 6 years of success!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I love the things you shared about him!

I wish Ayla was a good sleeper and a good eater but she is not!

Gardner Family said...

6 years old! How is it possible our boys are growing up so fast? Dan and I are still in shock that Ben will be 5 on monday!

Happy Birthday Carter!

Stace & Tink said...

I <3 him!!!! xx