My parents went into the Missionary training center on Feb. 18th and stayed until the 28th. We had 4 days with them before they flew out to Germany for 18 months. We celebrated at Cheesecake Factory with the whole family one night and also watched old family favorite movies, got father's blessings for all of us, and just had fun together.
We stayed up really late Sunday night talking and crying and having everyone say their goodbyes. Me and Melanie drove them to the airport in the morning. It was actually harder than I thought it would be and I cried pretty much the whole way home. It was so hard to let them go. I miss them like crazy still, but it is getting easier. They are officially residing in Dresden and are still trying to get settled into a different language and culture. They were hoping that most of the people would speak English but since Dresden was behind the iron curtain, most of them learned Russian as their second language. Plus they speak really slurred and with a different accent of German, so my dad who is fluent in German is having a hard time understanding them. I think it is getting better every day, but still difficult to get used to. My mom does charades with the people and gives lots of hugs! The kids are loving the hugs already and she is enjoying working with them over there. Skype and face time have become our new best friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment