Friday, November 09, 2007

Preston is 1!

I can't believe that Preston is one year old today! He still seems like a baby, which he is, but is moving into the toddler stage. He got very spoiled on his birthday with cards and presents from aunts,uncles, parents, and grandparents far and wide. We had the annual McDonalds birthday party(which we did for Carter this year) because all the kids love the playland and the McDonalds cleaning crew gets to wipe up all the leftover frosting! Unfortunately the birthday boy wasn't in a great mood due to lack of sleep and also a cold, but he did perk up when he received his present from Grandma and Grandad English just before bedtime!

" Hmmm, I wonder who this is from..."
He got some very cute birthday cards

How cute is this fire truck cake? We soon found out no matter how much red food coloring you put in, it won't go completely red! We settled for a dark pink. James thinks he made progress from Carter's Dora birthday cake!
I love the pretzel ladder Preston liked the Oreos better than the birthday cake and was mad I took them away finally!
Opening presents

All of the family and friends who came, thank you!






Prestons First Car from james_english1 on Vimeo.



Carter loved to push Preston around but was definitely ready to take a seat and drive the car himself too. Thank you for the great gift Grandma and Grandad! Thank you for all the gifts from everyone in fact! These will keep him (and Carter) entertained for hours, we appreciate it. Happy Birthday Preston! We love you so much and are so glad that you are in our family!

6 comments:

Mel said...

It was fun to come with you guys to McDonald's. Preston is so adorable, I can't believe he is one!! Love the car. It will get years of use!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st birthday Preston, we wished we could have been there. It looks like you all had a great day. Love from the Sutherland family Ian, Helen & Ianthe xxx ps good job on the cake James.

Nicole said...

I had forgotten James was British, then I watched the video, so funny. I have also been annoyed that the red food coloring will not actually get red, isn't the name, red food coloring?? Do you remember when McDonalds used to host birthday parties. Natalie had one there one year and I was super jealous, they even had Ronald McDonald come. Happy Birthday Preston!

Miss Megan said...

Happy birthday Presto-P! Sorry I missed your birthday, but I doubt you'll remember it anyways. James, you did a great job on the cake. Personally, I always thought fire engines would be better in pink anyways.

linds jo said...

That cake is amazing! What a good Martha you are...

The Long Family said...

WHAT THE BIFF - MY LONG LOST FRIEND AND HER TWO VERY GROWN UP KIDS!!! I can't believe he's one already - what is going on? I am so glad apey told me about your blog! Now I can see what's going on in the great west!! Love your guts!