Friday, July 25, 2008
Great News
I finally scheduled a dentist appointment after having not gone to one in almost 5 years. So shameful, I know. I hate the dentist and have in previous visits had tons of work done. So I was having anxiety all night last night about how much all of my dental bills were going to cost and how much all of it was going to hurt, the root canals they would have to do, and the scary drill noise. Yikes. I was even nervous about the cleaning since last time I left in tears-am I just a HUGE wuss? My appointment along with the two little ones was this morning at 8am so I could just get it overwith. Turns out the whole experience was almost pleasant! The hygenist was super nice and didn't hurt me in the slightest (I don't know what the last girls deal was) and after taking all the x-rays I have ZERO cavities!! I don't think that has ever happened to me in the history of me going to the dentist. Carter also had no cavities and got a little award and his picture taken to put up on the wall. He was so excited about his new toothbrush and plastic caterpillar he earned as a prize. The funniest part was for having no cavities he got a certificate for a free ice cream at Arctic Circle. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? He'll eat it for sure but I am just glad I got the okay from the dentist! Preston just had a "friendly"visit and basically was just running around the office the whole time. James goes in about an hour. He has never had a cavity so we will see if this tradition continues or if he has run out of luck. To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I finally broke my no cavity record last year. I did it with a bang by having a root canal and 5 cavities filled. Yeah, I hadn't been since I got married. I didn't purposely wait that long, it is just hard to find a dentist, and you just put on the back burner over and over again, and I could make a thousand other excuses. Anyways, glad that you found the right dentist. Nick tried out 4 before we finally settled on one. It is hard to find the right one.
Oh, Heather! I paid cash for my cleanings all through college every 6 months! I know I'm a little OCD about it though. Congratulations! I have an appointment Wednesday so we'll see how it goes. I am always in fear and then I'm clean. Olivia had a "friendly" visit last month though I'm sure they charged my insurance for the whole darn thing. Oh, well at least we got a new toothbrush.
Yah for no cavities! I had a similiar appt like that a few weeks ago at the dermatologist. The dermatologist has not been kind to me in the past.(To say the least right?) I even told the nurse that I hate the dermatologist more than the dentist. ;) I had tons of anxiety of shots, biopsies, and the unknown. Luckily, the Dr said that since I was pregnant, my procedures needed, could be postponed until after I give birth. YES!!!!! All that anxiety for NOTHING! WHOPPPEEE! Now the only anxiety I have is about that darn spinal block with the c -section. But I have months before that. So for now I quote Jack Nicholson from Anger Management............ GOOOSE FRABABABABABABA.........I feel pretty......oh so pretty..... ;)
Congrats on your great dentist appointment! I completely understand your fears. I hate the dentist more than anything. My parents use to give us $5 before every dentist appointment. If we had no cavities, then we got to keep the money. If we had cavities though, we had to give the dentist the money to help pay for our bill. Guess what I had to do most of the time....yep, give the dentist the money. I wish there was just a magic toothpaste to make sure that you never had any cavities. LOL :)
Yeah for no cavities! Now I hope you've scheduled your next 6 month appointment and don't put it off! I always schedule mine while I'm there at the dentist office, it saves time and worry in the long run. P.S. We had a really great time on Friday AND Saturday! Thanks for the restaurant recommend and all the fun playing Ticket to Ride and eating lemon pie, and of course shopping till we dropped on Saturday. I owe James for that one! We love the English's!
Yay! It always seems that if you worry about it alot, it's usually good afterall. If I don't worry, it ends up bad! Maybe that's why I'm such a worrier???
Gotta love those friendly visits. We paid $30 for Zach to sit on the chair and not open his mouth. He didn't cry because the dentist didn't even try to do anything. "Bring him back in 6 months, he'll be ready then." Gee thanks for your time, doc. =o)
You need to eat more candy!
Hey Heather, you gotta love the dentist. I just went with all my kids two days after we got back from California. Yea!!! Hey, sorry I missed seeing you and Shannon the other day at Mel's. I have been so crazy busy since I got back from our trip and it's driving me nuts. I can't wait for Bunko next month; definite fun times. I think I'm going through withdrawals since I missed last month.
Left in tears!? I had been drinking something I would have spewed it all over my monitor when I read that. HILARIOUS!
I just get laughing gas now, it takes all of the worries away.... especially the smell, for me, that is really the thing I can't handle.
I had to laugh at this Heather!! Since I am a dental assistant I see so many people that feel the same way as you. You are not alone!! LOL. I have NEVER been scared one bit of going to the dentist... So when we get patients who want me to hold their hand, etc... I chuckle inside to myself. It's cute... You are so cute. COngrats on the NO cavities!! :)
You are funny! I hate taking the time to go to the dentist too. But it is a necessary evil
Judson actually asks to go to the dentist. It is a treat for him. So cute. I remember HATING the dentist when I was younger. It makes a HUGE difference on how good the hygienist are.
But I am proud of you for sucking it up and going. You are brave:)
Lets get together for a dinner date again. That was SO MUCH FUN and you are THE CUTEST!! I love hanging out with you.
Post a Comment