It finally arrived! Carter has been talking about this for a long time and was so excited to go. I take him to a girl that lives in my sister Melanie's neighborhood. She was a kindergarten teacher for about 10 years and just had her 4th baby and decided to stay home with her, so she started a preschool. She seems great and I know Carter needs the structure of school, and to mix things up twice a week! He mostly was excited about his new spiderman backpack which is about as big as he is, and to wear his orange helicopter shirt which he picked out himself. When we got there I said bye and he didn't even acknowledge that I was there. He went right in and did his thing. That is definitely his personality! He has never been afraid of anything new, he just dives right in. When I picked him up after it was over he told me that he played with dinosaurs, described each of them, and that was about all the details I got. He pretty much just said yes or no to everything else. Kids are so funny. I just need to figure out what I am going to do for the 2 hours that he is gone. It is not exactly close to my house so I don't want to go all the way home and come right back. Today me and Preston went to my brothers pizza place and chatted with him for awhile and then went to Ross and looked around. I may start going to the gym and putting Preston in the daycare there so it will force me to work out. Any other suggestions? All in all, it turned out to be a good day.
9 comments:
Can I send Luke over for fashion lessons with Carter. I let him and Alita pick out their first day outfits and he went with a Deigo summer short and tank top outfit. Carter looks so great in his orange helicopter shirt.
Can you believe our babys are going to preschool? It just seemed like yesterday we were competing to see who would deliver first. Darn it you got me by 2 days.
I like that your boy went to school looking cool so that no one would pick on him, and then the teacher gave him THAT HAT!
I'm just sayin'...
he is so cute! too bad you and your mom aren't teaching anymore. you had a fabulous thing going!
i'm definitely a fan of the working out option :)
Cute cute!!
Um. Come over to Holdaway Home?
First of all I love the new fam picture! Super cute. And secondly...I love school! Not just for my break, but seriously my kids have learned so much better when they're being taught by someone else plus they just always have so much fun. Hooray for school! Hooray for some extra mommy freedom! And hooray for Spiderman backpacks! :)
Wasn't it just last week when you told me you were going to have a baby and I was jealous that you were going to name him Carter?
Jonathan and Carter are totally twinnerds with the backpacks! It's huge on Jonathan too. That makes it even cuter. Check it out on my blog. =o)
Totally cute! I'm so glad that Carter's excited about preschool (is he still?). Ryan is always telling me that he wants to go to school . . .
Post a Comment