Sunday, September 28, 2008

Need input

I am looking into putting together a 5k race for my cousin Sean who has been diagnosed with testicular cancer. All proceeds would go toward his medical bills and treatment. Does anyone know how to go about this? He and his wife of only one month were both University of Utah students so I am wondering if maybe the school could get involved somehow. Winter is approaching quickly so we need to act fast on this. If you have any contacts or know how this can be organized, please respond!

7 comments:

Adhis said...

The only thing I can suggest is speak to Emily Hurtado. She works at the U processing donations people make TO the school. Maybe she can direct you to the right person.

Shana said...

Your new blog looks so cute too!! And, looks like you had fun... ;) LOL. You are funny. :) And I think you are right about commenting all day if you commented on all of them.
Anyhow, Jake may have some good ideas... I will have to ask him! Good Luck, this is sooo neat you are doing this!! Way to go!!! How is he anyways??? I need to check up on him through your blog.

Marie said...

The U probably also has a Public Relations department . . . they often are people that help organize or sponsor these kinds of activities. Good luck!

Kikibug said...

I don't know how to go about it,but good for you for putting this together. That sounds like a great idea! My prayers are with them.

Laura said...

Heather - my sister is the head of "Girls on the Run", and she organizes all their races (there are a handful each year). I think she has an outline of to-do's. I can get that from her & e-mail it to you :) That could at least get you going...

Shana said...

Wow, thanks for the link. I had no idea it has come back! That is so sad. I would have died if that happened to Jake. Thank goodness he has a loving wife who is constantly there by his side!! Our prayers are with him!!!

Gardner Family said...

I have been racking my brain for ideas to give you. My Mom is the queen of resources. I am not very good at it though. I think it's amazing that you are doing this. Let me know if you need any help! Even if it's just coming to support the runners and hand out water. ;)