On Saturday, I went out to lunch with my sisters to Olive Garden and then shopping at the new outlets. My first time up there! It was so fun to see all the fun shopping that was there. I got a new cardigan from Banana Republic from my mom while we were there too. Score!
Birthday morning, I got breakfast in bed made by all of my kids and James. Yummy smoothie and ham and cheese croissant reminiscent of my Paris birthday last year. *tear*
Since I wanted just a low key day, I had James make me a yummy 5 course meal and invited my siblings over to celebrate with us. It was delicious and it was fun to have my nieces and nephews to help serve the food. The above picture( they are out of order and not all courses got pictures) was the main course of pork tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts.
This was the first course or "appetizer" which could have been the main dish. It was a slow cooked short rib with polenta and a creamy horseradish sauce. My mouth is watering just looking at the picture. My husband is a legit chef! Other courses included a spinach salad with bacon, provolone, and strawberries, a butternut squash soup with homemade croutons, and then a trio of desserts: lemon crunch pie, chocolate marshmallow pie, and apple pie with puff pastry. Along with those desserts, my sister Melanie made me a yummy german chocolate cake too (my favorite). We were SOO full and happy! As you can see, we love food at this house!
Blowing out the birthday candles. 32 is going to be a great year!
Chase and Claire enjoying their desserts.






No comments:
Post a Comment