Thursday, October 11, 2007

Flower Farewell

Here are all of the annuals that I dug up out of my yard this morning! It was a sad day to pull all of the happy yellow flowers out, but I didn't want to wait until there was snow on the ground. I also didn't realize how many weeds that had grown in the last little while. Morning glory is the bane of my existance!!
Now for the bulbs...my favorite flowers, tulips! I only bought this small pack to see if they come up in the spring. I am new to this whole gardening thing so it is all trial and error. I am glad I got this project overwith. Saturday's duties are now weeding the backyard and getting CLR to get all of the rust water off of my fence. Thanks Lehi City!! We shall see how much I actually get done...

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

You're awfully ambitious and on top of things. . . neighborhood ghost treats, pumpkins carved, yard work. Ansen and I have been planning on doing yard work about 16 times literally and and we let any old thing come along and take priority or we spend about 30 minutes out there and call it a night. I'm encouraged now.

NutMeg said...

Yeah for gardening! My favorite hobby (of course it's a lot more enjoyable if my back isn't hurting!). Fall is a great time for bulbs, chrysanthemums, and late summer roses. I'm proud of you Heather!

linds jo said...

Your blog is so cute!