Monday, October 22, 2007

Families are Forever

Last week was not the best for me since my Uncle Richard (my mom's brother) passed away on Tuesday. He died of pancreatic cancer at only 59, and was diagnosed less than a year ago. He will be very missed. We had his funeral on Saturday and everyone came over to my mom's house afterward to just be together, eat, and chat. I love my extended family so much, they are so much fun. My uncles Scott and Andy are great storytellers and have us rolling before the night is over. Although it was a hard and sad day, we did enjoy being together. As a side note, I had to give a big thank you to my awesome husband. The viewing was on Friday night, so he decided to stay home and watch the boys. Not only did he do that, he scrubbed the oven and stovetop until it looked brand new! How nice is that? Also thank you to Megan & Alli for watching the boys during the funeral. It was much appreciated!!

My mom and her siblings L to R Chris,Scott,Kerry,Doug, Mary, Andy, and my mom
My cousin April, me , and an old friend Jen

5 comments:

Mel said...

Cute pictures, Stephenson's Rock!! So glad to be part of it. It seems weird to not have uncle Rich in that picture. James is awesome for cleaning the stove etc. out of his own free will!

Ashleigh said...

I'm so sorry Heather. 59 is so young! You do have an awesome family and an awesome husband!

Natalie Que said...

Hey Heather, I am so sorry about your uncle. I can't tell you how lucky you are to have the extended family that you do, we don't get to enjoy ours the way you do. You are truly, truly lucky.

Nicole said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. That is so young. Natalie said everything I wanted to say. You are so lucky indeed. And it sounds like you have an awesome husband!

Miss Megan said...

I love the boys...bring them over anytime! I'm happy to babysit. They are so well-behaved, and Carter is at that age now where he is saying and doing so many funny things...

I'm sorry about your uncle. He seemed like a great guy. Isn't it nice to know that somewhere down the line we will all be together again? That's why I'm glad we're in this family together. Love ya cuz!