Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cabin Craziness

I know I have been a total slacker when it comes to blogging! Sorry, it's a lot at once, but life gets busy this time of year. Melanie and Carl invited us up to Carl's family's cabin this weekend. It was such a blast, and very crazy! We got up there Friday night and played games and talked until about 1 am. We had the great idea to put Preston and Carter in the same room, which meant that when Carter woke up at 6:30 so did Preston. We were so exhausted. We rode 4 wheelers and hung out until we had to drive back to run a ward activity Saturday afternoon. We were going to just stay home but Carter was freaking out to stay, so we left the boys up there and James and I got to have some alone time on the drive down and back. I am glad we came back because Sat. night we laughed our guts out playing games with my parents! My mom always comes up with the best answers for things! So much fun! Thanks Whitings!



This is Carter waking up really early Sat. with cousin Blake
the view from the deck of the cabin. Much prettier in person I promise!
4 wheeler ride with Daddy
Whiting boys getting ready to ride the 4 wheeler Austin, Blake, and Ryan

6 comments:

Natalie Que said...

That looks like so much fun! Once again, you guys have the best family, I am so jealous (and happy for you) for all of the fun you have together!

Can't wait to see you and Ash when I get back! Do we have anything planned for Logan?

Mel said...

We had such a great time with you guys. Thanks so much for "going the extra mile" to be with us. It wouldn't have been much fun without you. By the way Carl says that "Mary did you know" would have been at the top of his list for worst hated Christmas songs if he would have remembered :)

Callie Canlas said...

Cousins and cabins are the best! Jon used to do trade with this family who built cabins...we would test them out before they rented them out or people bought them. There's something about being up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere with tons of people you love that is so much more fun than you'd ever think...

NutMeg said...

So you came back for the R.S. activity? You're too good. I would have bailed...

chelon:) said...

oh my goodness, carter is soooo big! what a darling family you have. i really miss you and i hope that all is well. xoxo

Shana said...

Heather English! What the... ! It is so great to see you! I found your blog through Chelons! This is Shana Preston from Pilgrams Landing a few years ago! How are you!? Hey, if you want to look at my blog, e-mail me at shanapyne4@yahoo.com
I hope your family is doing well! I can't believe you have two boys now! I hope your mom is good! Tell her hi!
Shana