Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family is always an adventure! This year we had it at my aunt Chris's church in West Valley, which turned out to be great. In past years with this family is seemed way cramped and the kids were out of control. This year for some reason, it was a lot more mellow and enjoyable. The best part was getting to eat/inhale my dad's stuffing. He only makes it for Thanksgiving and Christmas so I get as much as I can! Here's my fam enjoying the festivites-

The Bishops
Yes, I am related to all of these people. And yes, this is only one side of my family! If you can't tell there are 4, yes 4, HUGE long tables filled with people (my family's table isn't shown except Greg's leg) I love coming from such a big family. We had such a blast!
This picture is in front of Del Taco that evening at about 9:00. It was my brother Kevin's birthday on Thanksgiving so we had to celebrate. He is 29 this year, crazy. If any of you know our family, we are Del Taco lovers. Kevin is the biggest lover of all and could eat there 24/ 7 if his wife would let him. He actually worked there in highschool and that is when we were converted from Taco Bell. Anyway, back to the story, so we were planning on going somewhere more "high class" like Dennys or Village Inn but Kevin insisted that if the dining room was open at Del Taco, this is where our celebration would commence. Sure enough, it was! This will be a birthday to remember for him I am sure. I will remember it because waking up to go shop on black Friday with a horrible stomach ache reminds me why I don't eat there very often. Happy Birthday Kevin!
5 comments:
I miss all these people!! I love the whole clan!
Glad you documented our night out at Del Taco. I will post some pics today since I am feeling better of our little outing at IHOP on Black Friday. Hope you have a great day!!
Del Taco that late?? You guys are all troopers!! I'm surprised you could sleep! :) Happy Birthday to Kevin! I guess I didn't realize he was born on Thanksgiving!? How was Black Friday?
We missed all of you at the Tenney Thanksgiving! LOL ~ Ann
Like I said on Melanie's blog that is crazy that you have that many relatives on just one side of your family! Love the Del Taco! We always considered Del Taco the white trash version of Taco Bell, that is funny that you all like it so much. I can eat there with all three of the kids for like $4, it's great.
Nice, more classy like Denny's or was it Village Inn, I can't remember now but that was funny. I had no idea you were avid Del Taco fans. Do they still have that crazy slogan, "feed the BEAST!" Are we really there as Americans that we have to call ourselves or our stomachs "beasts"? Every time we see it, I say "feed the Beast" in a beasty voice, now Laine does it in a mini beasty voice and it is funny.
I CAN NOT belive your family eats Thanksgiving like that! Both sides of my family would fill up half a table. And I think Gabe has that same outfit that Greg is wearing, sorry Greg. {No, you don't dress like a baby, I just like my boy to look like a dapper gentleman}
Post a Comment