Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vegas

From Disneyland we got back in the car and headed back to Vegas. I know, lots of driving! It wasn't too bad with Claire not with us! haha James took the boys to a fun chocolate factory and cactus garden while Stacey and I got to go see the Lion King! It was amazing! The costumes, set and acting was phenomenal. I enjoyed it so much.

Before and after the play we walked the strip and looked at all the crazy street performers. The boys drove by to see these transformers. They thought they were awesome.
We saw this Michael Jackson impersonator before and after the play and he was dancing and singing too. He must have been exhausted!
Hello Kitty wouldn't let us get a good picture of her because we wouldn't give her a tip. Lame.
After the chocolate and cactus fun, the boys went back over to my Aunt Jean and Uncle Kerry's house to swim in their beautiful pool! It was pretty freezing at 68 degrees but they stayed in as long as possible!
These pictures were taken by James' helmet GoPro cam. He also made some fun videos that I have no idea how to upload. Oh well.
Stacey and I met up with my good friend Layne who loves in Vegas going to nursing school. He was so fun to hang out with and we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory after looking for the Hardrock Hotel for about 2 hours and finally realizing its about 6 miles from the strip. Pink Taco will have to wait I guess! :) We then went to the Bellagio to see the fountain show and got to see Your Song by Elton John and also Time to Say goodbye by Sarah Brightman. Two of my favorites!! To round out the night we rode the big shot at the Stratosphere. I have ridden it a couple of times before but it was still just as great as the first time. What an adrenaline rush! It was a fun, fast paced weekend. My feet killed from walking so much! Back to Utah for more fun...

No comments: