Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Scarecrow Festival

Sorry about the blogging hiatus, just have not really felt like it. Here are a bunch of pictures from the last week of some of the fun fall festivities we have been doing with the boys. We went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point on Monday with our friends Leah and Dan. It was a blast! I was pleasantly surprised. Carter loved every minute of it, which made it totally worth it to me. Preston was still a little too young to know what was going on, but did get a pony ride and acted like he was enjoying himself. Can I just say that I love that Thanksgiving Point is so close to my house? They always seem to have so many fun things going on and it is so nice to drive about 2 minutes and be there. We still are thinking about doing Cornbellys Corn Maze over there, but we want to wait until we get a little closer to Halloween. I love this time of year...
While waiting for their pony ride James and Dan took all the boys around the petting zoo while me and Leah chatted in line. I love this picture because Preston is doing his classic move of sucking his thumb and grabbing his hair. He actually prefers it if he has my hair wrapped around his thumb but his own little snippet of hair will suffice I guess. He cracks me up.
A statue of a sheep. What is this about?
This picture is so Carter. We got there and he was all timid and worried about the whole thing. We think he is going to love something, and then he will totally surprise us and act all scared. This was that moment. It only took him about 5 minutes until he heard pony ride for him to snap out of it. He did end up having a great time.
His favorite blow up slide was the shark. This was the whale, but you get the idea. I couldn't believe he climbed up those things. They were high! You could tell where he was when you had a big crowd of kids piling up because they had to wait for the "little kid". Some of the kids tried to climb over him but Carter told them to be nice. I am not worried about him standing up for himself that is for sure! This picture is of him going up the slide...
...and down the slide. He always went down backwards on his stomach. I suddenly had a flashback of him like he was a baby again going down the stairs. It definitely wore the boys out and they both slept in the next day. Wahoo!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks like fun. I hate when I am excited for my kids to experince rhings, and they don't have the same enthusiasm. Just in case you don't get back to my blog, both Nat and I tried to answer you questions, so good luck!

Nicole said...

I hate when I publish a comment and rhen realize it doesn't make sense! Anyways, we answered your questions in the comments.

Natalie Que said...

Love the new template, that was CRAZY about Matie Kay, I can't believe they yanked them all!

Cute pics! We are going to Cornbelly's this weekend, maybe I shouldn't spoil it since you will see it all on the BLOG!

Anyway, way cute fam Heather!

Miss Megan said...

Wish I could have gone...

Kikibug said...

OMG!I can't believe how HUGE your Carter is! AND how much he looks like James. He is ADORABLE! And Preston.. HELLO! I don't think I ever even met him. ADORABLE number TWO!!! It has been WAY too long! That went by fast.
Congrats on your half marathon! WOO HOO you did it! I hope your feet are better soon!

Mel said...

Darling pictures!! Your boys are the cuteset, I love them so much!! Hope you are having a great day.